1. Select a Lender
· Determine your purchasing power (how much home you can afford to buy).
· Utilize the Business Directory to locate a Mt. Gilead banker/lender.
· Check out http://www.vhda.com
for grant assistance.
2. Select a Realtor
· Determine your needs and wants.
· Utilize the Business Directory to locate an experienced Mt. Gilead realtor.
3. Look for Your Home and Make An Offer
· Contract acceptance.
4. Make Formal Loan Application
5. Select a Closing Attorney or Title/Settlement Company
6. Conduct Home Inspection
· Request that the seller make repairs.
7. Conduct Home Appraisal
8. Order Home Insurance and Utilities
· Comparison shop for insurances.
9. Seller has Termite Inspection Performed
· Seller repairs any damage found.
10. Conduct Final Walk-through
· Verify that everything is still good with the home.
11. Review and Approve Settlement Statement
· Verify closing costs and credits are accurate.
12. Closing and Move-In Day
· Congratulations! You Are A Home Owner!